.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
obvious musings
Friday, June 10, 2005
  Yahoo Messenger - Desi ishtyle
Instant Messenger users are fanatically loyal to their own programs and their respective program fixation is based on obvious things like on what programs most of their friends are signed on and possibly what features they offer.
Another reason is simply the first program you ever used.
I distinctly remember the first time I used IM. It was the summer of '98 and I was back home from college for the summer holidays. A friend called me and asked me to download Yahoo Messenger and off we went. I also remember jumping up and down in joy for a considerable period of time, thrilled at the prospect of simula-talking with all my friends not paying ( especially then ) the autrocious long distance phone call rates. So it was Yahoo Messenger for me.
MSN Messenger and Yahoo seem to be the most popular in India. AOL definitely seems to be the most popular here in the US. They are also programs like Trillian which combine all your accounts in a single account.
Since my first download, Yahoo has consistently added features like voice chat, avatars, audibles, stealth settings, games and several more.

Yahoo has just come out with an Indian version. Get it here. The COOLEST thing in it are the hindi audibles. Absolutley first class and side splitting funny. If you get it just for the audibles you wont be disappointed. Try it out !
 
Comments:
thanks for the article its really helpful.but could u tell me from where i could get just the audibles u see u pc doesnt have enough space for another messenger

plz help me out !!!
 
How do u get the hindi audibles
 
hi can u please tell how can I download and install additional yahoo audibles
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
I post things which if someone else would start saying they would start by saying "obviously .. blah blah". Due to my limited and slow perception I usually realize things late, so it happens often that I suddenly realize something which the whole world already knows.. I post such late realizations here about society, culture, business, politics and economics..

Anirudh Garg, Boston, Software Engineer.

Past Musings
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2022


Powered by Blogger