.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
obvious musings
Sunday, June 19, 2005
  Book Tagged
Priyanka book tagged me. So here goes :

Total number of books I own:
Around 200-300
( I think its not a question which is very insightful though, borrowed books, library, books lent out and never returned, books read on the internet, audio books all are not factored in, maybe should be changed to books I have read ? )

Last book I bought:
"To Kill a Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee
( Actually, technically speaking it was Applied XML programming in Microsoft .NET, but I dont think that is the point of this exercise :) )
I know, I know, this book the favorite of scores of people I know, I can hear shocked "In your 26 years of existence you havent read it YET, how can you justify your existence and so on". There was a similar reaction from someone very recently and then I had to buy it, to see what the fuss was.
However this got me thinking, dont we all have some "popular" books or movies that we just didnt get too. Somehow you were always going to read/watch it but it just missed you by. I know StarWars is another one for me. What is it for you ?

Last Book I was gifted:
The complete Newyorker Cartoons. Hilarious stuff. Along with the Gary Larson's Far Side and ofcourse Dilbert my favorite cartoon series. All kudos to the sweet person who hauled the very heavy book.

Heaviest Book I have :
(See above)

Last book I read:
The World's Religions by Houston Smith
Wondeful, entertaingly written introduction to Religions. I bought it to read about Hinduism acutally. I realised that I know precious little about what religion I am supposed to be in ? Any other suggestions for something that in some way brings together all the mish-mash that the religion seems to be ?

Five books that mean a lot to me :

Flow : The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Cary On Jeeves by Wodehouse
India : Shashi Tharoor
The Class : Erich Segal
Guns, Germs and Steel

My next list :

Hirak
Sagnik Nandy
Gvenum
Kurt
 
Comments:
ohmigawwwssh. you just bought the book???? !!!!!!
:)
famous things..star trek and seinfeld for me :)
 
Star Wars is greek and latin to me too!
I plan to remedy this sorry situation soon, though :)
 
i have been tagged for this thing before and i shall repeat the answer i gave - I DON'T READ. so unless you want a book list boasting of C+ and Java books and Comic Strips I shall pass this one :) If there is anything else that you tag please do count me in :)
 
Sorry I tagged you too!
 
Dude. I'm too shocked for words!! A techie saying "I don't get Star Wars..." is as scandalous as the pope saying "What's all this fuss about the Bible. I don't get it..." . Now if you'll excuse me, I have to try to forget that I ever heard you utter such blasphemous words.... Hari Om, Hari Om... 8-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
I post things which if someone else would start saying they would start by saying "obviously .. blah blah". Due to my limited and slow perception I usually realize things late, so it happens often that I suddenly realize something which the whole world already knows.. I post such late realizations here about society, culture, business, politics and economics..

Anirudh Garg, Boston, Software Engineer.

Past Musings
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2022


Powered by Blogger