.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
obvious musings
Thursday, July 22, 2004
  Life Goes On !
Today was the last day at work of a great guy. Although I did not tell him in so many words, I really felt it was cool having him around as I could talk about all the eclectic, weird things I could only think and have an interesting discussion about them with him. (btw these are two others who I can have similarly pointless conversations with g and m). He is going on to law school, so best of luck to him. But ofcourse life will go on.


I was thinking today afternoon, I have been in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Trivandrum, Manipal, Tucson and now Boston for considerable periods of time, have had no less than 15 room mates, met a lot of interesting friends at each stage, always thought that these are the best people in the world and I will miss them terribly and will not be able to adjust to the new place or the old place without them. But life has a strange way of always making itself interesting once again.. You always meet new people, they become acquaintances and then good friends ..The cycle repeats again :)

 
Comments:
People move on and sometimes lose touch too.. but there's a multitude of memories, lessons learnt and experiences shared that they leave behind. Guess they become a part of your life for good in that sense. Some day somewhere, an event will trigger a thought about your friend, and make you go 'hey! I know someone who used to say that!' and bring a smile to your face.

We move to a new place, make new friends and so on.. but we never lose what we've gained from past friends. Build upon past lessons learnt I guess. After all, as people, we are nothing but a product of our experiences..

Is there a point to what i'm saying? I guess not.. just rambling and filling up your comment space :) Keep writing!
 
Hi. First of all thanks for visiting my blog :) In response to your comment - the reason(I think) women are "more romantic" than men (generally) is because of the genetic differences between the sexes. ANd over time I think its become an inherent trait that has led to the devpt of sterotyped personalities among some men and women - men don't cry..that kinda bullshit. Ofcourse that is changing with this whole neew concept of metrosexual male, sensitive male blah blah...I'm rambling.
And oh - Carol Shields doesn't write ONLY romance novels. "The Republic of Love" was a romance novel, yeah...but not the others.
http://literarymosaic.blogspot.com/2004/07/carol-shields.html

Browsed your blog - the entry on ABCDs was howlarious!!!
 
Know exactly how you must have felt but am surprised u cud move on so easily - I've been in a few places myself but its always been tuff when i had to move on..Even thinkingabt it as i type makes me senti..Mebbe I'll call it quits when i'm still in control :-) Nice post Ani !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
I post things which if someone else would start saying they would start by saying "obviously .. blah blah". Due to my limited and slow perception I usually realize things late, so it happens often that I suddenly realize something which the whole world already knows.. I post such late realizations here about society, culture, business, politics and economics..

Anirudh Garg, Boston, Software Engineer.

Past Musings
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2022


Powered by Blogger