.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
obvious musings
Saturday, July 24, 2004
  Crazy internet search.

While checking out my stats for this blog, I hapenned to notice that there was a visitor from down under, Australia. Was naturally intrigued to how he/she hit upon my site and this was the weird coincidence.. the person had typed "chamionships pastry 2004", he/she (notice I show no signs of being a MCP :D ) ..(also notice the missing p in the championship) in MSN search and the only link that he/she got as results was my site.
My rush to blog when I get an idea, without correcting spellings etc had lead to my also misspelling the word on my blog and by coincidence he/she had also done the same. Besides that I also had pastry and 2004 somewhere.
So this was the link that turned up ! Poor soul (enough of this he/she nonsense :) ).. was trying to locate 2004 pastry cham"p"ionships and turned up on my page instead :)Dont believe me, you can try it for yourself too on MSN search !
Interestingly enough Google does not give my blog as a link for the same misspelled query !


This is also interesting as Google aficionados like me have long played a game called googlewhacking where you choose two words and type them in google to obtain the least number of results. If you get only one result then you have whacked google :).. Ofcourse the two words should have correct spellings unlike what hapenned here :)
 
Comments:
Hola - seeing this entry reminded me - how did you stumble on MY blog?

* Note of reply to your last comment on my blog - what kinda girlfriend needs "convincing" to follow up on any of those things on my Naughty Ideas entry? Hell all I need is my guy! ;-)
 
LoL! How cute...you are very creative in your thoughts...I admire that about you. :)
 
Hey, now it comes up in Google search when misspelt!!
 
Temme something? How on earth did u find out how the poor soul landed on your blog???

And now try finding, how i came here...

cheers,
:)
 
J, as i mentioned in my post when I was checking my stats meter which provides information as to "where" from a person has come to my blog, I noticed this one hit from Australia ( i feel like I am repeating myself :) ). Since I know no one from Australia was intrigued as to how did he come to my site..the statmeter also gives a referring link ..so thats how I know..
read your blog.. please write something of any substance sometime :D ..see atleast I am not a hypocrite
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
I post things which if someone else would start saying they would start by saying "obviously .. blah blah". Due to my limited and slow perception I usually realize things late, so it happens often that I suddenly realize something which the whole world already knows.. I post such late realizations here about society, culture, business, politics and economics..

Anirudh Garg, Boston, Software Engineer.

Past Musings
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2022


Powered by Blogger