.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
obvious musings
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
 
Although I try very hard to be a non partisan observer in a fiercly Democratic state , even I am amazed at some of the going ons at the very top level of the government ( a side note here , i cant seem to pronounce this word correctly at all .. i tried to use this word and the person whom i was talking just didnt understand it ! .. same thing with cucumber and Somerville and apparently there is nothing called "gifted" and a host of other words.. , also someone used the term 'buns in the oven' and all this hapenned in a space of a day and I am beginning to feel i have to go back to school again and learn english ) ..
so coming back from the rather long side note , my reference is ofcourse to the iraqi prisoner abuse issue..
several points to be made here ..
Firstly Bush apparently didnt know about this at all till he came to know that this was going to be shown on CBS's 60 minutes !! He is supposed to have at his disposal the very best intelligence any person probably had at any time in history ever .. How shocking is that ..
Secondly I felt that the statements that Bush made to the Arabic channels were I felt as arrogant as they can be. Not once did he apologize , he doled platitudes about America being the land of free and justice and irony of ironies he actually stooped down to the level of comparing himself with Saddam Hussain claiming he would have never bought people to justice in such a case !!

The President say that he doesnt do nuance ...this is what i dont understand ..the world is inherently "nuantic" , seeing the world in evil and good , black and white is so ..I dont know almost childish :) ..
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
I post things which if someone else would start saying they would start by saying "obviously .. blah blah". Due to my limited and slow perception I usually realize things late, so it happens often that I suddenly realize something which the whole world already knows.. I post such late realizations here about society, culture, business, politics and economics..

Anirudh Garg, Boston, Software Engineer.

Past Musings
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2022


Powered by Blogger